Tour of the Viapharma logistics center in Pavlov near Kladno
Viapharma operates one of the most modern logistics centers in the Czech Republic in Pavlov near Kladno. It is interesting that the warehouse was built, the technology installed, and the entire operation put into operation during the pandemic, which was a big challenge for distributors of medicine and medical supplies. The logistics center serves the pharmacies of Dr. Max and hospitals in the territory from Aš to Pelhřimov, Havlíčkův Brod and Vysoké Mýto. During an average day, they unload 260,000 boxes of medicine, nutritional supplements and other products sold in pharmacies. The scalability of the entire solution is evidenced by the fact that at peak times it can handle almost twice as much in two shifts. Everything takes place with the help of technology from SSI Schäfer (A-frame, miniload, conveyors with weight checks) and in a building from Panattoni, which was certified in 2019 as Excellent (82.4%) in the framework of BREEAM 2016. Intralogistics is managed by a WMS from Microsoft (Dynamics AX 2012 r3) and subject to the supervision of the State Institute for Drug Control.
The tour will be led by Tomáš Seget, deputy director of logistics at Viapharma.
- Two visits of 20 people each
- Times of the visit are 9:00–10:50 and 11:00–12:50
- Protective equipment is not necessary, guests will receive vests during a short introduction meeting
- A short introduction will be in the meeting room – history and interesting facts about the warehouse
- The training paper will need to be signed
- Each group will be accompanied by a specialist, so we will always see one process associated with the visited hall
- Arrive approx. 10 minutes in advance – park in the area behind the warehouse
- Photography in the warehouse is not possible